Thursday, November 10, 2011

Budget Blog

Well, this assignment was a challenge for me because some of the information relating to the assignment and the information presented by Dr. Bradley does not apply to my school site.  As a dependent charter school, we do not received categorical funds.  Therefore, some of the budget funding questions don't apply to my school site.  The funds I do receive are pulled for the charter school funds which are received from state funding sources such as the state lottery.  When the funds are put into my site budget, I have a greater flexibility in how I can spend those funds as compared to the funds received say for title 1, 2 or 3. But, I also receive less funds as a result.

3 comments:

  1. It is good that you have the flexibility with the funds, however, not having as much would be hard. Right now is a hard time in general, so all power to you for doing what you need to do for the best of the school with limited funds. Thanks for sharing, Christy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Christy!
    Thank you for sharing the differences between public and charter schools budgets. Money is tough for all of us right now! Keep doing what you are doing...those kids are lucky to have you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are not a Title I school therefore our federal funds are limited. I was surprised at the amount of our site budget however and how we have to start trimming expenses especially with December coming soon.

    ReplyDelete