Sunday, December 4, 2011

Blog - Capstone and Prof. Growth Plan

Well, I posted my assignments for both my Prof. Growth Plan and Capstone and find that I feel like I am behind and have a lot of work to do. haha  These assignments made me realize just how much work I still have to reach the educational goals we have for our school site.  On one side, I was able to discuss some of the good things we are working on and some of the achievements we have reached, but then when I look to the future, I realize we still have a lot of work ahead of us and some tough situations (budget challenges) in which to maneuver within.  I think the upcoming "trigger" on Dec. 15 has the potential to really impact our future practices in education. 

I liked working from the template for the Prof. Growth plan...it was an effective format in which to outline the plan without getting bogged down with narrative "fluff".  It was a very effective tool I plan to incorporate in my site plans.

3 comments:

  1. I agree with you Christy...December 15th will be an important day for all of us. So much to do but here is less money to do it with. Congrats on finishing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christy,
    I love your narrative "fluff" line because I felt that too at times. On a more serious side, yes we will have to wait and see what December 15th brings...just crossing my fingers that its okay. I know at your site it would definitely hurt more if funds are cut, so I'm hoping for the best for you. Either way, I know it will impact all of us. Good luck and if you need anything, we are all a hop, skip, and a jump away.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well at least you have both turned in. I still am working on my Capstone paper. I agree with you about the format template for the Professional Growth, it gave me better sense of how to reach my goals. Good luck with the rest of the assignments, interview on the 12th and the rest of your year!
    Megan

    ReplyDelete