Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Chapter 7 Putting it all together

This was one of the best books I have read in the program.  It was so helpful!  It was easy to read and connect to and provided lots of insight and great suggestions.  It was very good at illustrating how each of the elements are linked and how things can go astray if even one of the pieces are not working.  I think this book should be a "must read" for all brand new administrators.

I really liked the last chapter, it was a touching and simple was to tie to all together.  We should all be so lucky as to have the career Jeff had and the make a difference in so many people's lives.  I like how they allowed us to take the "journey" with him as he remembered all the good times only to then begin to worry about the mistakes he made along the way. This was a great way to say, that even the "great ones" make mistakes.  The reception and all the people he encountered throughout his career came forward to honor him.  That was very powerful and I have to say I got a tear or two in my eye :)

I give this book a "two thumbs up" :)

3 comments:

  1. This was a great book!!!! I looked forward to the readings and found that is was useful for both work and everyday life!!!!! I also give it two thumbs up!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christy,
    I agree that it was a great book and very useful to us in our careers. I don't think I have read a book from front to back in a while, especially in our program, so it was especially nice to have started and finished a book and then to have gained so much out of it. Thanks for your post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Christy!
    I agree with you about this book! What a great ending to a lot of AWESOME information! My favorite part was the music teacher writing him a song with the number of roses matching the number of his work years. Great post!

    ReplyDelete